Thirumullavaram - St. John the Baptist’s Church
- Forane : Tangasseri
- Parish Priest : 5
- Address : St. John the Baptist’s Church Thirumullavaram Kollam 691 012
- Phone No. : 0474-2797168
- E-mail :
- Website :
Thirumullavaram was closely connected to the early origins of Christianity in Quilon coast. It was called “Trivalar” by Portuguese and was a centre of Franciscan missionaries way back in 1577 and they ministered the parishes’ upto Kayamkulam. The Portuguese built the present church in 1780. In the same year it was erected a parish. In 1809 during the persecution unleashed by Velu Thampi Dalava the Christians left the place before the invaders could reach Thirumulavaram. As the church was left with no flock, it was annexed to Vaddy. Later Christians from other places migrated to Thirumulavaram. For a long period it was under the care of the Vicar of Vaddy. The church was extended in 1976 and 1996.