CONSTITUTION OF THE CORPORATE EDUCATIONAL AGENCY
THE DIOCESE OF QUILON
1. Definition: The Corporate Educational Agency of the Diocese of Quilon is a Corporation comprising Primary, Secondary and training Schools established under the Diocese of Quilon.
2. Object: The object of the Corporation is:-
a) To impart sound and proper education o the children of the Diocese of Quilon in particular and to all other children in General irrespective of creed and community.
b)To co-ordinate all the educational activities carried on under the authority of the Diocese of Quilon.
c)To undertake and execute schemes conducive to implement the above objects.
3. Corporate Educational Agency:
a) His Excellency the Bishop of Quilon by Virtue of his office as Head of the Diocese is the legal and constitutional Head of this Corporation and as such he is the Educational Agency.
b) The proprietary rights over all the said School are vested with the Bishop of Quilon by virtue of his office as Head of the Diocese.
4. Corporate management:
a) As Head of this Corporation, His Excellency the Bishop of Quilon Exercises his authority either directly or through his Power of attorney.
Each school shall be managed by a separate Manager/ Local Manager appointed by the Bishop and approved by the Educational Officer concerned as per rules. The Local Managers appointed by the Bishop shall exercise the powers contemplated by the Kerala Education Act and Rules. Except:-
i) Appointments, transfers and promotions of the teaching and non-teaching staff of the schools.
ii) Receiving maintenance and other grants. The said powers will rest with the Bishop.
b) (1).To help and advise the Corporate Agency, to evolve suitable policies and to supervise the management of the Schools, a Governing Board will be constituted. The Board will consist of: The Vicar General of the Diocese (Ex. officio Chairman), The Education Secretary of the Diocese (Secretary of the Board), correspondent of the Corporate Management (Member) an advocate(member)an academician(member) and a retired principal or H.M.(member).
(2) The tenure of the Governing Board will be 3 years.
(3) The Educational Agency reserves the right to nominate the members, accept the resignation or reconstitute the board at any time.
5. Correspondent:As per provisions in the Kerala Education Rules, Chapter III. Rule 6, the Corporate Manager may appoint a General Correspondent whose duty is to look after the routine duties of the Corporate Manager and carry on all correspondence relating to the Corporate Educational Agency.
6. Conclusion: Not withstanding anything provided in this constitution, the Bishop as Head of the Corporation retains to himself the power to change or modify, delete or add or otherwise alter any of these Rules, in consonance with the Kerala Education Act and Rules and subject to the powers and jurisdiction vested in the Bishop, with the approval of the department.
Enclosure.A List of schools existing at present under the Corporation showing the respective educational districts to which the schools belongs.
HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOLS- 5
1. St. Antony’s HSS ,Kanjiracode
2. Krist Raj HSS., Kollam
3. Vimala Hridaya GHSS, Kollam
4. St. Aloysius H.S.S, Kollam
5. St. Michael’s HSS ,Kumbalam
HIGH SCHOOLS – 14
1. St. John’s H.S. ,Eravipuram
2. St. Antony’s. H S ,Kanjiracode,
3. St. Joseph’s H S, Sakthikulangara
4. St. Margaret’s G.H.S., Kanjiracode
5. N.S.M.G.H.S Kottiyam
6. St. Antony’s HS, Koivila
7. St. Michael’s H.S ,Kumbalam
8. St.Agnes G.H.S. ,Neendakara
9. St. Joseph H.S., Padappakara
10. St. Aloysius H.S., Kollam
11. Krist Raj HS, Kollam
12. Vimala Hridaya GHS. ,Kollam
13. C.F.H.S. , Kottiyam
14. C.F.T.T.I. & LPS Kottiyam
UP SCHOOLS – 11
1. H. I. J. UPS, Ulunthy
2. St, Francis UPS, Koduvila
3. St. Andrew’s UPS , Kanatharkunnam
4. St. Antony’s UPS, Vaddy
5. St. Antony’s UPS, Kandachira
6. St. George’s UPS, Arinalloor,
7. St. George UPS , Kadavoor
8. St. James's UPS, Karuvatta
9. St. John’s UPS, Thirumullavaram
10. St. Joseph’s UPS, Clappana
11. St. Joseph’s UPS, Valiyakada
LP SCHOOLS - 32
1. St. Joseph’s LPS, Aravila
2. R.C. Emmanuel LPS, Azheekal
3. L.F. LPS, Chemmakad
4. S.H. LPS , Vadakkumbhagam
5. L.F. LPS, Kadappakada
6. Kadavoor LPS Maithili
7. St. Sebastian’s LPS, Kallickad
8. St. Margaret’s LPS, Kanjiracode
9. St. Antony’s LPS, Kanjiracode
10. Kannamangalam North LPS
11. St. Sale’s LPS Kannanalloor
12. St. Joseph’s LPS, Karithura
13. St. Antony’s LPS,Koivila
14. St. Legory’s LPS, Kovilthottam
15. St. Mary’s LPS, Kumbalam
16. St. Joseph’s LPS, Mamughil
17. St Joseph’s LPS Mangad
18. Holy Family LPS, Mukkad
19. St. Sebastian’s LPS ,Neendakara
20. St. John’s LPS Njaramood
21. St. Francis, LPS, Parumala
22. St. Mary’s LPS ,Pullichira
23. Balikamariam LPS, Kollam
24. St. Leon’s LPS, Sakthikulangara
25. St. Mary’s LPS, Sasthamcotta
26. St. Patrick’s LPS, Tangassery
27. St. Augustine’s LPS Thalamughil
28. St. Antony’s , LPS Tillery
29. Infant Jesus LPS, Tope
30. Holy Family LPS, Tuet
31. St. Aloysius LPS Vadakkumthala,
32. Mattam North LPS, Valiyaperumpuzha